Impact Glass and Roll Down Hurricane Shutters
Impact glass, while the more expensive option, doesn’t just protect you from hurricanes. It also offers UV protection – blocking as much as 99% of the sun’s rays.
Plus, they look better than those aluminum hurricane shutters. And since they are not easy to break, they also help make your home secure – preventing burglaries and thefts.
Impact glass offers three different layers of protection, so that even if the outer layer cracks during a hurricane, you’ll stay safe.
Why is Impact glass a Better Option?
Here is a look at a few things that make impact glass a better option.
– Unlike roll down hurricane shutters, you do not need to put them up every time there is a hurricane. You do not need to worry about the shutters not being latched properly. Instead, all you’re looking at is a one-time installation.
– You can be anywhere without worrying about reaching your home. You don’t have to be present in your home every time before a storm – which can mean that you won’t be able to make those vacation plans easily.
– Unlike roll down shutters, impact glass have the ability to reduce the amount of noise inside the house.
– You save on your energy bills, with impact glass keeping your rooms warm during winter, and cold during summers.
– You get complete natural lighting, even during storm power outages since impact glass are see-through glass.
Should You Go In For Impact Windows?
It doesn’t make any sense as to why not.
Unlike roll down hurricane shutters, you need to remove window and door frames to install impact glass, but they sure are worth it in the longer run. Plus, you might save on your insurance premiums too. This is because insurance companies realize the fact that impact windows protect your home all the time, reducing the chance of house damage.